The World Economic Forum has declared that all humans will have smartphones embedded into their bodies by the year 2030.
The chilling prediction was made by Nokia’s CEO Pekka Lundmark during his panel appearance at the WEF in Davos this week:
“By then (2030), definitely the smartphone as we know it today will not anymore be the most common interface, many of these things will be built directly into our bodies.”
Thepulse.com reports: However, before smartphones are implanted directly into the body, Lundmark believes people will be transitioning away from smartphones and towards face wearables like glasses.
That said, the world is unlikely to be dominated by smartphones, glasses, or other devices until 6G becomes commonplace – which is expected to hit the commercial market by around 2030. Still, only 30% of the world has been digitized, for the other 70% to “come online”, much infrastructural work will need to be done.
For those wondering, the exact definition for 6G is currently unclear as the world is still coming to grips with 5G. A controversial technology we don’t yet know the negative ramifications of.
“Intelligent knowledge systems will be combined with robust computation capabilities to make humans endlessly more efficient and redefine how we live, work and take care of the planet. Even though there is still a lot of innovation in 5G with the 5G-Advanced release of new standards, Nokia Bell Labs has already begun the research work on 6G,”
The big question on many people’s mind however is, should we be going down the transhumanist direction of integrating technology directly into the human body? If so, where does that stop? Will it change what it means to be human? Have we considered the potential downsides of this?
Here is Pekka Lundmark making his claim in Davos.
by Sean Adl-Tabatabai
Join: 👉 https://t.me/acnewspatriots
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AC.NEWS
Disclaimer: This article may contain statements that reflect the opinion of the author. The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). AC.News will not be responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect statement in this article www.ac.news websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner. Reprinting this article: Non-commercial use OK. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Discussion about this post