A senior high school student at Amplus Academy in Las Vegas was found unresponsive in the school bathroom last week after suffering cardiac arrest for unknown reasons, according to his family.
Jordan Brister, 18, passed away on Sunday “suddenly and unexpectedly” after suffering a cardiac arrest on January 3 after gym class “with no explanation as to why,” according to a fundraising campaign.
According to Brister’s father, Conrad Brister, it may took 25 minutes before he was found. He added, that during that time, Jordan’s heart stopped.
In a statement, the public charter school stated its personnel rendered “immediate medical assistance” to Brister until paramedics arrived.
Jordan was admitted in ICU at Southern Hills Hospital and was pronounced dead on Sunday.
“It is with deep sadness and sympathy that we announce the passing of one of our Senior High School students, Jordan Brister,” Amplus Academy wrote on its Facebook page.
“The Amplus community sends our love and condolences to the Brister family as well as to all of Jordan’s family, friends and acquaintances,” the post continued.
The Clark County Coroner’s Office told KSNV that they are still looking into the exact cause of Jordan’s death.
Tributes poured in following the news of Jordan’s passing.
Jordan Brister’s death comes after another high school student died in Las Vegas within a week.
On Thursday night, a sophomore high school student in Las Vegas, Nevada, died suddenly while playing flag football.
Ashari Hughes, a 16-year-old player for Desert Oasis High School, collapsed suddenly after the team’s home game against Valley High School on Thursday night because of a “medical emergency.”
The Clark County Coroner’s office has not yet released Hughes’ cause of death.
16-Year-Old Sophomore Student ‘Collapses and Dies Suddenly’ While Playing Flag Football https://t.co/927c9bxW1h
— The Gateway Pundit (@gatewaypundit) January 7, 2023
by Jim Hoft
Join: 👉 https://t.me/acnewspatriots
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AC.NEWS
Disclaimer: This article may contain statements that reflect the opinion of the author. The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). AC.News will not be responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect statement in this article www.ac.news websites contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. We are making such material available to our readers under the provisions of “fair use” in an effort to advance a better understanding of political, health, economic and social issues. The material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner. Reprinting this article: Non-commercial use OK. If you wish to use copyrighted material for purposes other than “fair use” you must request permission from the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The information and opinions shared are for informational purposes only including, but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material are not intended as medical advice or instruction. Nothing mentioned is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
Discussion about this post